All personnel including managers, division heads, supervisors, foremen, employees, and contractors have the following safety responsibilities:
- Establish and communicate safety rules and standards to all employees and contractors.
- Provide appropriate resources, tools, and training for employees.
- Award contracts using safety, health, and environmental criteria.
- Conduct and document safety meetings.
- Correct unsafe acts and conditions promptly.
- Conduct routine safety and environment inspections and tours.
- Maintain facility emergency plans and conduct regular emergency drills.
- Investigate injuries, spills, and other incidents and promptly provide corrective actions.
- Review organization and employee safety performance periodically and provide feedback.
- Comply with applicable rules, standards, and safe work practices.
- Communicate safety rules and standards to contractors and coworkers.
- Maintain knowledge of safety requirements, including emergency response action.
- Participate and safety meetings.
- Assist in incident investigations as necessary.
- Ensure that contractor employees and their subcontractors are trained in safety rules and are competent in their craft or skill.
- Comply with all rules, policies, and procedures.
- Report injuries, spills, unsafe acts and conditions, near misses and incidents immediately.
- Operate SA equipment only with proper authorization and certification.
- Hold pre-job meetings and other safety meetings during the job.
- Assist and incident investigations as necessary.
- Immediately report all related injuries/illnesses or vehicle collisions, no matter how slight, to your supervisor.
- Immediately report all fires, spills, and releases, no matter how small to your supervisor.
- Immediately report all unsafe condition, practices, near miss, or incident to your supervisor.
Reference: Saudi Aramco Safety Handbook: Minimum Safety Rules